News » Flu Vaccines 2018
Posted by on 2 March 2018
Flu vaccines are now available.
Immunisation is the best protection against influenza. Get a flu shot each year before Winter as it can take up to 2 weeks for the vaccine to provide the best influenza protection.
Of the four influenza strains included in the vaccine, two are new:
• A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1) pdm09- like virus
• A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)-like virus (new strain)
• B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (new strain)
• B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus
For more information about the flu vaccination and who is eligible for a FREE flu vaccine, click on this link. https://www.fightflu.co.nz/
Please note that the vaccine is NOT funded for:
- Asthma not requiring regular preventer therapy
- Hypertension and/or dyslipidemia with no evidence of end organ disease.
Many people infected with influenza don’t feel unwell but will still pass the virus to others and make them sick.
Get immunised to stop the spread of influenza in your community and workplace.
Handwashing is an effective and important way of reducing the spread of influenza.