News » Flu Vaccine 2019
Posted by Practice Manager on 26 March 2019
Unfunded flu vaccines are now available. If you are eligible for a FREE flu vaccine, these will be available from 1 April. Please ring to make an appointment.
Unfunded flu vaccines are available at a cost of $36 per vaccine.
Immunisation is the best protection against influenza. Get a flu shot each year before Winter as it can take up to 2 weeks for the vaccine to provide the best influenza protection. Get immunised to stop the spread of influenza in your community and workplace. Many people infected with influenza don’t feel unwell but will still pass the virus to others and make them sick.
There are four influenza strains included in the vaccine:
• A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1) pdm09- like virus
• A/Switzerland/8060/2017 (H3N2)-like virus
• B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
• B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
For more information about the flu vaccination and who is eligible for a FREE flu vaccine, click on this link. https://www.fightflu.co.nz/
Please note that the vaccine is NOT funded for:
- Asthma not requiring regular preventer therapy
- Hypertension and/or dyslipidemia with no evidence of end organ disease.
Handwashing is an effective and important way of reducing the spread of influenza.