News » Covid Level 2 Patient Information update 6 September 2021
Posted by Practice Manager on 6 September 2021
The NZ government announced on 6 September, 2021 that the all areas except Auckland will move to Level 2 lockdown will be extended to 11.59pm Tuesday 24 August for the whole country.
What does this mean for you as a patient?
1: If you have been to Auckland, the Coromandel or any places of interest in the North Island (information available on the link below), please let us know. You will be offered a phone consultation. If you are unwell, we are not doing Covid swabs for health and safety reasons as we have made the decision to prioritise the Covid vaccinations.
2: Please do not come in without an appointment. We need to screen all patients. Ring the practice first. If you make an appointment through the MyIndici patient portal, make sure you have no Covid symptoms and have not been to Auckland or any places of interest in the North Island. There are strictly NO WALK IN appointments.
Where possible we will move to telephone or video consultations.
3: To notify us that you are here for your appointment you can either
- ring the practice and speak to reception before going back to your car
- or preferably, text us on 027 725 8989 with the PATIENT NAME, CAR PARK NUMBER (on fence), and colour of car. We will "like" your message to let you know we have received it. Only use this phone number (027 725 8989) to sign in for appointments. We will not respond to any other messages on this phone.
4: If you come into our Practice, sign in with the Covid Tracer App and use the hand sanitiser and wear a mask.
5: Social distancing rules of 2 metres must be observed so we ask all patients to wait in their cars until their appointment, rather than in the waiting room. You may wait in the waiting room if you do not have a car. WEAR A MASK.
6: We can see all appointments including Driver's Medicals and Immigration Medicals, but again, we ask you to wait in the car until called to ensure social distancing of 2 meteres.
7. Covid vaccinations will continue as normal but to maintain social distancing in the waiting room, we have spread the chairs out. We will contact all patients prior to their appointments to ensure they do not have any Covid symptoms or been to Auckland or the Coromandel, or to any places of interest in the North Island
8: if you feel unwell with any Covid symptoms please stay at home, do not come into the practice. You can have a phone consult. Covid symptoms may include
- a new or worsening cough
- fever (at least 38˚C)
- shortness of breath
- a sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell
if you need a Covid swab you can visit a Community Based Assessment Centre (CBAC). There are 2 in Christchurch at the moment.
- Orchard Road CBAC (near Airport), 174 Orchard Road, (Off Harewood Road). Currently open 9am - 4pm 7 days a week (hours subject to change)
- Whānau Ora Community Clinic CBAC (Wainoni), 250 Pages Road, Wainoni Currently open 9am - 3.30pm 7 days a week (hours subject to change)
9: If you need advice about Covid-19, ring Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453.
Thank you for your co-operation. Stay safe.